Thursday, 17 May 2012

What a difference a year makes.

Left - February 2011 Right - April 2012
I thought this might help me today. A look back on how far I've already come. And when days like today happen I need to remember that I'm not the girl on the left any more. I left her behind. Physically. But not mentally. I look in the mirror and I don't see any difference. But there are some quite obvious ones. That's why I've put these two photos side by side. To try and get that into my head.
I'm thinner. That cannot be denied. The photos say it. My clothes say it. But I can't see it. Probably because I see myself every day. I've seen cheekbones, collarbones and hipbones appear, but I don't feel any different. I don't feel like anything has changed. I can't accept what I see. I've worn that dress on the left recently. It's shrunk in the wash luckily as it's jersey. I wore it the other way round - I don't do low-cut very often any more. It's reversible so it's not all that strange a thing to do. It fits better, that's undeniable.
I have a more defined sense of style now. I'm more daring, I take more risks. I never wore red before. Times have changed. And so have I. I just need to stick on my glasses and see it.

1 comment:

  1. You have changed sweetheart, I got a shock when I saw the photos! Since I haven't seen you in years (That MUST change XD). But you look fabulous darling, I always thought you did, tbh! =] But I know what you mean, mine is with my thighs. I detest them! I used to be a little overweight when I was 15/16 and boy have I changed! I kind of see it, but not enough for me to stop exercising everyday XD. I'm like you, but with exercise! I'm only happy if I've done at least an hours worth of exercise a day! We crazy people lol!

    But honestly, you look fab! xxx

    ReplyDelete