But to detract from the impracticality of wearing black tights today of all days I have assembled a strange array of bits and pieces that I am wearing unashamedly, although I'm not all that sure that it works as an outfit. Let's look at this from head to toe.
1. Dove earrings from Accessorize
I believe these were part of a multipack that I bought about a year or two ago when I originally had my cartilage pierced. The intention was to wear them singly. However my ear reacted badly to the cheap post of the earring and I've had to stick to pure silver. But they look nice as a pair, and are dainty and pretty and practical.
2. Tatty Devine 'Create Your Own' necklace. Matt Gold/Sundae colourway. 'Kitty'
![]() |
| Today's jewels. |
3. Disney's Snow White and the Seven Dwarves original movie poster tee by H&M
This has been lurking in my cupboard since Christmas but I have only ever worn it once before. It's a bit big on me now so I've remedied this by tucking it into a high-waisted skirt. It's adorably cute and vintage, and a little bit girly. And every girl deserves to have a bit of princessness in their life. And that may not be a word. But it ought to be. The design has a bit of a sepia look to it which makes gives it a retro feel, despite having been bought new from the store for £9.99. A bargain in my eyes.
4. Tatty Devine Red Glitter Heart ring (Valentines Collection 2012)
I wear my heart on my sleeve. Well technically speaking that's not true. I wear it on my finger. Red glitter perspex is something you cannot go wrong with. It's so beautiful that it makes me smile as I type. The light catches the glitter in the perspex as my fingers rattle across the keys. It only fits on my index finger despite being adjustable - curse my skinny fingers! - but I wouldn't have it any other way.
5. Plastic Dove Ring by Accessorize
A random trip to Bristol's branch of Accessorize with Miss Spence when she returned briefly from Moscow is responsible for my owning this little beauty. Anyone who knows me will know I have a love of plastic jewellery and will have heard of my adoration of the brand Tatty Devine. My little bird wouldn't be out of place in their Covent Garden or Brick Lane store. He (I'm not sure why he's a he, but he undoubtedly is) perches on my left ring finger most days. I've been told many times that it's unlucky to wear a ring on this finger because it means I'll never get married. I can live with that. I'm superstitious about many things, but that's not going to stop me wearing my ring.
6. Coral high-waisted skirt by Miso (bought in Republic)
![]() |
| <3 |
7. Red or Dead silver glitter Mary Janes
My new favourite shoes. Surprisingly comfy considering I've just walked into town in them. They've certainly caused a few peoples' eyes to pop out! But they're beautiful, and shoes like this should not be relegated to the top shelf for special occasions. They should be worn during the day to add some sparkle to your strut.


No comments:
Post a Comment