Thursday, 3 May 2012

The Affair of the Blue Blazer

The lengths that I will go to for my wardrobe have seemingly extended
To set the scene - I've been lusting after a certain electric blue blazer in New Look for literally months. It sold out in my size almost immediately and they've had a size 8 (which I am clearly not) lurking around since then taunting me. Now I make a point of getting on well with the girls in my favourite shops. It's a very useful thing to do, especially if you pop in regularly. Lucy in New Look is an absolute gem. If she thinks something will suit me or something comes in that she thinks I'll like she lets me know. And she owns this blazer that I love. Phoning around all the local stores and checking online didn't work, so I thought it was a lost cause. I then pop in on my day off to be told that there's one in Weston and she's reserved it for me to pick up. 2 hours later, I'm stranded in Weston with my brand new blazer (in a size smaller than I expected, hurrah), phone battery dead and no train home. Luckily a rail replacement bus was my knight in shining armour, but I didn't get home til 8. But I had the blazer. My verdict? Totally worth it.

No comments:

Post a Comment