Thursday, 3 May 2012

The Price of Beauty

I have an expensive face.
Really. I do.
The contents of my makeup bag is worth a small fortune. This is down to the fact that I am a bit of a benefit addict. And have been for 6 years. I describe my look as 'pale and interesting'. I look weird with tan. The downside of this is that it's hard to find makeup that caters for people with pale skin. Yes, lately Nicola Roberts has released her Dainty Doll range, but when I was 17 and trying to find a foundation that didn't leave me with a massive tide mark around my chin there wasn't much I could do. Benefit were like a streetlamp on a foggy day. I had a consultation and they helped me to find the right shades for my face. And they were so nice about it! I was clueless then, I know a bit more now, but I still pop in and let them show me the new products.
I don't use it all on a daily basis. If I did then I'd be permanently skint! But I've got my daily routine down to about 5 minutes.
It's Potent for my circles (sadly hereditary and no amount of sleep will shift them)
Hello Flawless liquid foundation
Magic ink liquid liner for 50s flicks
Maybelline (the only deviation from Benefit in my whole makeup bag) Colossal express mascara
Hello Flawless powder to finish it off,
And if I feel like it I'll dust some Hervana on my cheekbones.
Job done!

2 comments:

  1. Hello Cat, lovely to find you here too! If you don't know who I am: I'm the girl who is the proud owner of your lovely heart shaped glasses necklace now ;-)

    This post is so true! I have an expensive face too, although my addiction is Mac instead of Benefit. But you are tempting me to try Benefit too, their packaging is so lovely! I was laughing about you saying that you look wired with tan, that sentence could have been from me :D

    I'm following your blog now, maybe you wanna follow me too and let's stay in touch! xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sara! Of course I remember you! So lovely to hear from you.

      Ah Mac. I think that if it had been as readily available when I was in my teens I would probably have been addicted to it now instead! But I only heard about it relatively recently. I definitely need to try it. The packaging is adorable isn't it. A bit kitschy, a bit retro but instantly recognizable. We'd both look rather strange with a tan I think :)

      I'll pop by your blog and follow, take care lovely! xxx

      Delete