Anybody who has known me for a while will know that I've tried a lot of different hair colours. And styles.
18. Ginger. Quite enjoyed it. As soon as I left school I started experimenting. I had my hair cut into a bob and dyed ginger and turned up on results day confusing quite a lot of people. Stuck with it for a while. But I get restless. And bored. And when I hit emotional turmoil I make changes happen.
19. Uni. Blonde. And extensions. I had fun with that. The only reason I ditched the blonde is that every time I dyed it, my hair got lighter and lighter, and in worse condition. It took a blistered scalp while someone was in the shower to make me ditch the bleach in favor of something a little more practical.
Brunette. Fringe. End of first year at uni. I got some new extensions too. But fringes are high-maintenance and my hair grows fast!
So the fringe grew out by the end of second year. Still working with the brunette. If it ain't broke don't fix it right?
My excuses for going back to the fringe are as follows - Fahrenheit 451 required it for costume...., and I couldn't see past my fluffy grown-out fringe!
Oh! What a Lovely War required me to be able to put my hair up in Edwardian styles. So no haircut for the forseeable future. After that show was done I attempted to get my hair cut and coloured in Luci Foreman. NEVER GO THERE. They ruined my hair in a big way. And if you do brave it, don't go to Nick. Badger-stripe highlights that bled and a fringe that couldn't be salvaged are what I went away with. As soon as Holey Matrimony was over I went back to dark brown. It was safer!
My birthday present to myself for my 23rd was a change of hue. Red. I figured that I was happiest when I had red hair, so why not? More red less ginger this time though. A fringe was cut in originally but didn't stick around
Retro styling. Still red. Dying it myself with a £3.99 dye from Superdrug. Cheaper and a nicer colour if I'm honest!
Emotional turmoil makes changes happen. Cue me cutting my hair off to the shortest it's been since school. And it's amazing how much better a change of image makes you feel! Chanelling a red version of Jessie J's iconic bob.
So this is what I was dealing with before today. A bit fluffy and in desperate need of a cut. Only 6 weeks after my last one. High maintenance! But still not looking terrible.
Updated hair as of today. Went back to Kieran and had it all tidied up. Just in time for London.
Hair is the one accessory you can't take off. And can completely change your look. I like mine at the moment and think the bob is here to stay.












I agree. If you're only going to allow yourself one ounce of pampering, it 100% HAS to be your hair. I'm totally the same as you, my fringe grows waaay too fast for it's own good!? But no other style suits me lol, I have to stick with the 'Jessie J' bob. But I had it before 'Jessie J'. That's the difference XD lol. xxx
ReplyDeleteYour bob is better than Jessie J's Miss Quinn. It's shorter and blunter - wouldn't be out of place in the 1920s. I couldn't pull that off.
ReplyDeletePeople always think I'm weird about getting upset over bad haircuts or colours that go wrong. I've genuinely cried after many visits to the hairdresser and more than once have gone on to lop bits off myself. I've finally found a hairdresser who I can communicate with and trust. And that is SO important xxx
Oh gosh I could not agree more!! I've seen my mum & I get annoyed with so many haircuts I cannot tell you! Men just do not get it XD. At the end of the day, it's still apart of you and if it goes wrong you have to wait til it grows... That could be a while O.O. It's not vain, it's human lol.
ReplyDeleteAw and thank you so so muchly for the kind words, I now have confidence in my bob again. I'm couldn't be grinning any bigger now! Your blog is becoming a little like my bible atm, it's up there with Vogue haha! xxx