Friday, 18 May 2012

Payday? Please excuse me while I spend a large portion of my wages on clothes...

It's shocking how much I ended up spending today. I am actually apalled. Yet I was in dire need of some clothes that actually fitted properly and some retail therapy.

Republic
I used to have major issues with actually going into Republic. Really, I did. I used to think nothing in there would fit me. Today I dealt with that.
I found this lovely pinafore dress thing whilst searching the rails. but they did not have my size. Luckily the belt made that not such an issue. I tried a size smaller than I expected, but apparently although the rest of me may be a size 12, my boobs most definitely are not.


I like these dip hem skirts. But I wasn't completely sold on it. The questions of 'what would I wear it with' kept coming to mind. With no answers that satisfied me. This one stayed in the shop.

This shirt I'm a fan of. Please excuse the fact that I'm just wearing tights with it, I had no jeans! It may be sheer but it's not too bad, plus a vest would solve that problem nicely. I love polka dots and this has teeny tiny white ones on it. Plus dip hem at the back. Added to my haul.

I actually love this skirt. With a passion. It's practically flourescent. Yet I fell in love with it despite it's dodgy zip. I love full circle skirts yet have to be careful that there's not too much excess material going on. Teaming this with my Moustace Tee (keep scrolling for that)
 New Look
New Look and I are normally a pretty good match. I spend many monies there. Today was a bit hit and miss. But then again, it wasn't my normal store...
I remember seeing a bralet with this print on and being gutted that I didn't have the figure for it. I love the print still, but I'm not overly excited about it in shirt form. Had to try it though, just to see.

I like this. Zip up the front to the waist, shirred back, flower print. But the elastic made me not feel as confident as I could do. So it stayed in the shop. Still thinking about it though as Taunton has it too...
 Topshop
I love Topshop. I really do. But sometimes they get it really wrong. And other times it couldn't be better.
This dress just made me laugh. Really? Hearts on the boobs? Okay then Topshop.....

Moustache tee- cute, quirky, easy to throw on. Amuses me to look at. I like. I buy. Swan skirt? Just no. Elasticated waist done all wrong for my shape. Love the print, but it does absolutely nothing for me.

I love a good peplum. Nice and simple. clean lines. Very flattering. Thanks Topshop. Team with skinnies or a pencil skirt I think. And a long necklace.

Just no. Disaster. This was a size 12. I dread to think how big the 8 was as this was massive! Bad colour, bad pleats, not even the cute collar could redeem it. Only for skinny minis I think.

This dress I liked. One of Topshop's brands I do believe. Just felt insecure about my middle due to it being highwaisted and unlined. Cute colour though.


Apparently this dress is a size 14. I am apparently a size 14. But as we have already discussed, shops do not seem to think I'm allowed to have boobs......There was not enough room in the underwired sections. The dress was okay. But only for those who're smaller up top. 

 That was supposed to be the end of my shopping excursion. And then these beauties caught my eye.....

 The prettiest, sparkliest shoes I ever did see. Every step you have a little twinkle. Proper Cinderella shoes for the 21st century.
Made by Red or Dead - who I know can come up a little small. Tried on a size 7. Just to be safe.
(My feet are 2 different size. A 5.5 and a 6.5. It's very frustrating)


And look how pretty they are! I couldn't have left them in the shop. It would have been cruel.
So now I have 21st century princess shoes. And am a happy girl. Beautiful shoes can work wonders on a mood.

No comments:

Post a Comment