Sunday, 11 November 2012

She opens her trap

Now normally I'm not one to venture my opinion to a stranger except from behind the safety of a counter. At least, not out loud. In fact, around large groups of strangers I become quite the wallflower. But when it comes to shopping, I feel that I can say something. It's always nice to have someone say that you look nice, right?

Hunting for new work shoes (it's murder because they just don't last more than a month) in New Look I spotted a woman trying on two different pairs of wedge shoes in different colours, clearly trying to decide between the two. I told her I thought the black and blue ones looked nicer, and she explained that she was trying to find a pair of shoes to match a certain pair of jeans she'd bought. Genuinely the most colourful jeans I have ever seen. Hard to match. So I suggested maybe something black with chunky straps so that it wasn't block colour. And she went with them. Awesome.

....but it doesn't stop there. Clearly our exchange hadn't gone unheard. Once I'd finished talking to that customer (in a shop I don't actually work in. They should clearly employ me) another lady came up to me in the shoe department asking my opinion on a pair of shoes she was trying on and whether or not they'd go with her dress.

If this proves anything to me, it's that I have a fairly good eye. Sure, it may take me a few false starts to get dressed in the morning. And I may apparently look like a 'Bristol Chav' today because of my hair. But I'm pretty darn good at accessorizing.

2 comments:

  1. Gave you another view on your blog ;) and I thought your hair looked really nice today! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ellye! Enjoying? As for the hair, I wish I could take credit for it, but only 1/2 of it is mine...

      Delete