Out of curiosity I thought I'd try out New Look's new Shaper collection of jeans. They supposedly suck you in and lift your bum. So far they sound ideal.
However.
There had to be a however.
And in this case there are two.
1. Colour limitations.
They only seem to come in this very dated blue denim. No black. No grey. No dark blue. Just blue. Not such a flattering colour to say the least.
2. My butt.
I have mentioned before that I'm quite fond of my bum. As bums go, it's not that bad. It's certainly not my worst feature. It has a nice curve to it. God bless squats.
So to find a pair of jeans that actually FLATTEN my bum? I'm sorry, but that's just not good. Yes it lifts (as advertised) but it squishes it. In fact, it squishes everything.
Sorry New Look, I'm not a convert. Nice try though.

No comments:
Post a Comment