My calves are screaming at me. My pectoral muscles are a little sore. Why? Well, week 1 of being a shiny new member of Virgin Active health club has been completed. More would have been achieved this week had I not nearly knocked myself out with a wardrobe (don't ask) and been suffering dizzy spells, but this morning I got back on the horse. Or should I say bike.
Spinning. Yes, you read that right. I went to a spinning class.
My second ever. I thought my legs might drop off after the first 15
minutes, I forgot my water bottle and the aircon was broken, but all in
all it was good. It's so much easier to stay motivated when you're with a
whole bunch of other people who are in the same position as you.
Although a lot of them were probably fitter. And weren't regretting
agreeing to an 8.15am class. Which I somehow ended up following up with a
BodyPump session. Barbells and dumbbells and tricep dips. That's why my
pectoral muscles hate me. There were a few squats in there too. So I'm
expecting full-body pain in the morning. But if it hurts, just push
through the pain. Hence my after-work cross-trainer session.
I'm not sure if it's psychosomatic because I've been working out, but my
face looks thinner in the mirror. I still think I look like this
though.
One day I will conquer this. I have to. But I'm scared of getting obsessive about the scales again. I went through a phase of starving myself in April. Not intentionally. Well, it was a bit. I didn't want to eat. I became hypnotized by the daily dropping pounds. Weighed myself 3 times a day to make sure I hadn't gained a single ounce. Living off apples, drinking water constantly. I can't get like that again. That's why when I started eating properly again (and drinking again) I put the starvation weight back on.
Starvation is not a permanent solution. Losing fat and gaining lean muscle is.

No comments:
Post a Comment